5. Funky Jewbelation- This one comes to us by way of the Schmaltz brewing company and their Hebrew themed beers. Quite an appropriate name as their packaging is loaded with schtick served with a side of chutzpah. Once you get past the self deprecating puns and humor, there is not much to write home about here.
4. Old Leghumper- This porter is by Thirsty Dog who is a brewery out of Ohio. The label features a lab looking at a lot of beautiful legs. I have never had this beer, but bought a bottle years ago because I thought it would be funny for my bar. I think it has been sitting through temperature extremes since 2007. hmmm..that gives me an idea.
3. Mama's Little Yella Pils- Although I would not purchase a pilsner myself I have to give Oskar Blues credit for this name. IT's really easy to do sexual innuendos so this one is extra creative. It also reminds me of the Rolling Stones song "Mother's Little Helper". Beer is our home's OTC remedy of choice and this beer reminds us of the midweek ritual or reaching for a cold can of sanity.
2. Sweetwater 420- SweetWater made quite a splash when it hit the shelves in this area. With graphics and a river vibe reminiscent of the West, this brewer is also heavy on innuendo. 420 is one of their more popular beers and is an homage to stoner culture. With other ganja themed beers and slogans to match, this brewer looks more like a Colorado beer than one from Georgia.
1. Sidepipin'- This one from Hoof-Hearted is a great homage to the eighties. For those that don't know, sidepipin' occurs when a man wears pants tight enough to accentuate his sideways pointing manhood. This beer label has a drawing of a man in cutoff jeans with a beer bottle crammed in the front, thus rocking a sidepipe.
As always, if you like what you read feel free to share or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or RSS. Strong opinions are encouraged.