ESCONDIDO, CA (July 28, 2016) – Nearly seven years in the making, American craft beer has made a milestone leap into Europe’s time-honored beer culture. Stone Brewing has announced that its Berlin, Germany brewery is now fully operational and the company is now distributing its beers to 17 countries throughout Europe. This milestone further solidifies the brewery’s historic accomplishment of becoming the first U.S. craft brewery to independently build, own and operate a brewery in Europe.
“We’re very excited that our state-of-the-art brewery is online and that kegging and canning are underway,” said Greg Koch, Stone CEO & co-founder. “I’m proud of the job Team Stone has done…the facility is amazingly beautiful, the beers are tasting really incredible and this is a spectacular, monumental moment for American craft beer as a whole.”
At the helm of Stone’s Berlin brewery is Thomas Tyrell, a 25-year veteran of the international beer community. As Director of Brewing Operations, Tyrell manages all aspects of the production department, including brewing and packaging operations, production scheduling, incoming ingredients and materials, utilities, maintenance and, most importantly, beer quality. Tyrell is celebrated for his research on yeast strains, fermentation and beer flavor stability. Before joining StoneBerlin, he most recently spent eight years as an instructor and brewing engineer at VLB Berlin, where he led research and development projects and served as a technological consultant for breweries big and small across the world.
The stunningly beautiful Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Berlin will open this summer and is expected to become one of the most photographed restaurants in Europe. Housed in an expansive 1901 historic gasworks building, two bars will welcome fans to Germany’s largest draft selection with 65 beers on tap, featuring Stone and a wide array of guest craft and artisanal ales and lagers. The bistro will follow Stone’s food philosophy, focusing on small-farm organic produce and advocating for environmental responsibility and the Slow Food movement.
- Released June 2016:
- Stone IPA in 0.33l (11.1oz) cans and four-packs
- Arrogant Bastard Ale in 0.5l (16.9oz) cans and four-packs
- Released July 2016:
- Stone Ruination Double IPA in 0.33l cans and four-packs
- Stone Cali-Belgique IPA in 0.33l cans and four-packs
- Distribution: Austria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Poland and the UK.
- Select countries will also receive Stone Go To IPA in 0.33-liter cans and four-packs.
- As is the case in the U.S., all beers are refrigerated throughout the distribution process, and “canned on” and “enjoy by” dates are provided on the bottom of each can.