Katechis founded CAN'd Aid in 2013 following the Colorado flooding that devastated Oskar Blues Brewery's hometown in Lyons, Colorado. To date, over $2.3 million has been raised to support its efforts in four key areas: Towns, Tunes, Treads + Trails, and Love Yur Mama.
In 2016, CAN'd Aid's do-goodery efforts have included:
TOWNS - building strong communities:
- Built and donated 531 bikes for low-income children in communities around the US. CAN'd Aid engages local communities and brands to build bikes from the ground up to give kids the opportunity to get out and ride
- Participated in 45 partnerships that encourage people to get off the couch and explore the outdoors. Partners include the Appalachian Trail Conservancy, which launched an inaugural six-week Leadership Corps for youth conservationists, the Colorado Mountain Club which brings a Bouldering Bus that teaches students about the science and mechanics behind climbing, and Sk8-Strong that provides skateboarding education for youth
- Rebuilt four trails in partnership with Friends of DuPont Forest and Appalachian Trail Conservancy
- Recycled 150,000 lbs. of waste and formed eight new #CrushItCrusade partnerships which partners with communities to help them get a recycling program off the ground and spread the love of recycling
- Hosted a river cleanup, purchased a #LoveYurMama river raft for conservation efforts and is working in partnership with the Colorado Water Trust to ensure rivers remain healthy and have sustainable flows year-round
Help spread the Fa La La this holiday season! Support CAN'd Aid's do-goodery efforts by donating today - 100% of all donations will be TRIPLE matched by Oskar Blues Brewery & Dale Katechis until 12/31/16. If you're interested in learning more and donating, visit http://candaid.org .