6. Lagunitas- Sucks. "Does not suck.west coast IPA masterpiece. Citrus salad on a scone in liquid form. And eight percent to boot." A great measuring stick for double IPA's, this fruity juice bomb is readily available and does not disappoint.
5. Tree House- Haze. "Dank and delicious. Smells like herb and pineapple. Beautiful smooth finish" This smooth drinking, cloudy hop masterpiece from Monson held it's own against a variety of IPA's. Its pineapple quality made it easy to drink and tougher to put down.
4. The Bruery- Cuivre. "Loved it. Like a rich boozy barleywine with boozy flavor and no burn." French for Copper, this beer is a gold standout. Its complex combination of richness and flavor without being overly sweet made it a treat. At sixteen percent ABV, this beer drinks like something half as strong and stays smooth throughout.
3. Founders Brewing Co.- Breakfast Stout. "Sweet smoky chocolaty deliciousness." The chocolate, coffee and cinnamon in this beer make it like eating chocolate chip pancakes. This is one beer that has become a staple in the fridge and a review that stands the test of time.
2. Victory- Dirtwolf. "Wow. Getting better. Mango pineapple all over the place. I guess I am getting my fruits tonight." Another double IPA that features loads of hops and juicy flavors. This is definitely a special occasion IPA that will satisfy hop lovers and hold its own against West Coast offerings.
1. Stone Brewing Co.- Xocoveza for the Holidays and the New Year. "Was not expecting all the spices to work. Mocha smooth with holiday spice and a burn in the belly." This fantastic beer, with it's long name, is only surpassed by the quality and quantity of its flavors. A phenomenal sipper with flavors that wake up as it sits out, this beer has so many layers of flavor that just seem to work.
At Beer Up, strong opinions are encouraged! If you like what you read feel free to share or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or RSS. If you did not like it, we still would love to hear from you in the comments below.or via email.