Brewer - Beer Name . "Rating Comments" Verdict
14. Hardywood Park - Gingerbread Stout 2014. "Amazing. Justifies the existence of this otherwise unimpressive brewery." The 2015 GBS was not nearly as impressive as the 2014 version according to many.
13. Strangeways Brewing- Oak Barrel Aged Chocolate Gourd of Thunder. "Chocolate gourd gasm".
This review occured in the midst of trying all the variants successively for this imperial pumpkin masterpiece.
12. Jack's Abby- Smoke & Dagger. "Smoked tasty beer. Taste the smoke buy light and creamy. Amazing beer with a bacony vibe". Had to clean up the spelling a bit as this was end of the night, but this was a beer that stood out from the fray.
11. Shipyard Brewing- Smashed Pumpkin . "Still one of the best pumpkins out there...good ale base and excellent spices". Not only does this review stand up, but 4 other of my friends rated it similarly. An annual must have beer.
10. Willoughby Brewing Co.- Peanut Butter Coffee Porter. "Full tasting chocolate and pb. So f n good". One beer in the midst of our Beer Up Cleveland visit. Wish I had another friend to compare it to or another tasting experience.
9. The Answer- Drank. "Mango licious hoppy goodness. Big fan". A great beer in the middle of many other IPA's we tasted that night. I have not seen it since in my many trips to the Answer, but the tasting was within good context.
8. Long Ireland Beer Co.- Black Friday Imperial Stout. "Smooth sweet chocolaty toasted goodness with a tart finish" This one was good from the tap and not nearly as good when I brought my friend a bottle. Clearly an example of how conditions can affect a beer rating.
At Beer Up, strong opinions are encouraged! If you like what you read feel free to share or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or RSS. If you did not like it, we still would love to hear from you in the comments below.or via email.